Seasoned Ramps Recipe for Korean Banchan
This dish is great for a Banchan (small dishes of food served along with cooked rice in Korean cuisine.). Best served with Fuji Apples or Asian pears (which also help cuts down on
Serves 6 as a side dish (banchan)
- 1 cup young ramps (wild leeks), well cleaned and with almost all of the roots cut off
- 1/2 Tbsp kochukaru (Korean chili pepper powder)
- 1 Tbsp kochujang (Korean chili pepper paste)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- sliced apples or Asian pears (optional)
Gently press down on the small bulbs at the ends of the ramps with the flat side of a knife to release the flavor. Cut the ramps into 1-inch pieces. Mix ramps with seasonings and the rest of the ingredients.
Serve as more apples or pears in a bowl.
Source & Photo Credit: koreanfood.about.com