Ramps and Wild Mushrooms
Serve Ramps and Wild Mushrooms as a side dish with grilled or roasted beef, pork, veal, poultry or game or as an accompaniment for pasta, polenta, grains, roasted vegetables, etc.
12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- Butter, unsalted 3 Tbsp.
- Ramps, thinly sliced 2 pounds
- Cremini mushrooms, (or table mushrooms) sliced 1 pound
- Shiitaki mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 8 ounces
- Wild mushrooms like Morels, sliced 3 cups
- Sherry 1/2 cup
- Minced fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, chives, marjoram, etc.) 1 cup
- Kosher salt 1-1/2 to 2 tsp.
- Cracked black pepper 1 tsp.
In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; add ramps and cook 8 to 10 minutes
until softened. Add mushrooms to the pan and sauté 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, or until dry and things start to caramelize. Stir in sherry and cook until almost dry. Add herbs and add salt and pepper to taste.
photo credit: indianapublicmedia.org