Mashed Potatoes with Dried Ramps
Mashed potatoes are probably one of the easiest side dishes to make! This wonderful recipe will yield 8-12 servings. These are the Ultimate Mashed Potatoes.
- 4 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled, rinsed, and cut into large chunks
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 Tablespoon chicken or vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 Cup milk warmed
- 1 Teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black or white pepper or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Ramp It Up Cooking ™ Ramp Flakes or to taste
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with about 2 inches of lightly salted cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat, cover, and cook until very tender-about 20 minutes.
Drain thoroughly. Add the butter, bullion, and cream cheese. Cover for about 10 minutes until butter is melted and cream cheese is very soft.
The potatoes may be mashed with a hand-held electric mixer, large bowl of a stand mixer or even using a potato masher or a big spoon and old-fashioned elbow grease.
Gradually add the milk, beating until the potatoes are the consistency that you like, or at least the consistency that lends itself to making a big crater to hold gravy. Add the salt, pepper, and some more Ramp Flakes as a garnish. Serve hot.
Source & Photo Credit: Rapturous Ramp Recipes