A good dish for family gatherings or party platters. Makes: 2-1/2 dozen.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped ramps (bulbs, stems and leaves)
- 30 slices snack rye bread
Preheat oven at 450 degrees. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, except for the rye bread. Gently stir until thoroughly mixed.
Spread a rounded tablespoonful the ramp and cheese mixture over each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Adapted Source and Photo Credit: tasteofhome.com